[Thincrust-devel] boot issues with appliance on F11

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Apr 7 21:19:23 UTC 2009

Hi all,

we from SugarLabs have been trying to build virtual appliances and have
uploaded them here: http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/

But the most recent appliances don't seem to boot and not even to get
past GRUB. This has been reported when using VirtualBox.

It's a bit strange, as Bryan has confirmed being able to build a minimal
F10 appliance under F10. We're using Rawhide for our build machine,
though, while the appliance is based on the F11 beta state.

The kickstart file is up in the Sugar on a Stick GIT repo here (we're
including the base.ks and the sugar.ks, which are in the same repo):

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/blobs/master/appliance.ks

Here's the ticket on sugarlabs.org: http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/677

Any help with that would be really appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,
--Sebastian