Re: TUX and a Java servlet engine

Mark Swanson writes:
>OK, so it queues events. How does it wait on a socket, or a group of
>sockets?

It doesn't.  It sends events.

>Just because I said /dev/poll doesn't mean I meant TUX spinlocks waiting
>for data on a socket:-)

OK...:-)

>That's what I like to hear! However, I still don't know why
>as you haven't said what you use in place of /dev/poll.

events!

If you want to see what the events look like, please feel free
to download.

There does not yet exist a paper describing TUX.

>It sounds like it's just another non-blocking system where the
>messages are HTTP messages instead of plain bytes. No?

No, they are protocol events.  HTTP is only the first protocol
supported.  And I wouldn't call it "just another" anything,
because there are many facets to its implementation, and this
event structure is only one of them.

I'd suggest downloading it.  You don't have to read all the
source; there is a tux.8 man page that, while dense, does provide
some more information and there's no reason for me to type it here.
There's also a README file that gives some background.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/