Re: TUX and a Java servlet engine

Jakob Hummes writes:
>Just one question, though: If I understood correctly events to my Java
>apps (or servlets) are handled by the tird mechanism you've mentioned.
>By pushing the event into the user-space would we have to pay a great
>performance penalty?

No.  There isn't even context switch overhead, just a single system
call overhead, because it is handled in the same process context,
just switching from kernel mode to user mode.  It gives you memory
protection without any significant performance penalty.

:-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/