Re: question

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Andi Kleen wrote:

> My point was only that a 2.2 based UP TUX port likely wouldn't be that
> hard to do, if someone wanted to sink time into an old code base. Do
> you agree?

it's a major rewrite - but you are right, as far as the networking code
goes, the dependencies are not all that deep (intentionally), so they
certainly can be done in 2.2 as well - so your initial point is correct.

(other parts of the code, eg. the VFS callbacks are essential, so i'm
pretty doubtful about a TUX backport to 2.2 - but you did not argue
those.)

	Ingo