RE: TUX patches for Alpha

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Carr, Bill wrote:

> We have a couple more patches for you.  These patches allow the
> logging facility to work on alpha.  We respect your desire to have a
> common, platform independent, binary log file.  However, as a long is
> not the same length on x86 (4) and alpha (8),have chosen to change
> certain uses of long and unsigned long to the platform independent
> u32.  This will force the log file to be wriiten and read with 32 bit
> quantities.

yep, this is the clean solution - i've added your patches and have
uploaded the -H8 kernel and the tux-2.0.11.tar.gz tarball - let me know if
there is any problem with it on Alpha. It works just fine on x86.

another addition in -H8/2.0.11 is "Referer:" logging, it can be enabled
via /proc/sys/net/tux/referer_logging (default off), and will be
automatically printed by tux2w3c if the referer entry is present.

	Ingo