Re: Other protocols? (e.g., db connections)?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Russell Leighton wrote:

> Would the TUX framework be appropriate for use for user space heavy
> apps with their own protocol? In particular, would it be
> useful/effective for a database <-> client connection when the client
> is remote?

well, if the client is HTTP-aware, then yes. You can use a userspace
module and POSTPONE_REQ/CONTINUE_REQ on the server to decouple the
database server process from TUX itself.

it's possible to add support for other protocols to TUX too, but the
effort required (in terms of kernel-space programming) can be significant.
I'd suggest to use HTTP as a universial client-server request/response
protocol, and just wrap your particular application protocol into HTTP.

	Ingo