Re: [patch] TUX 2.4.2-L8

Ingo,

-M2 fixed the below problem outright.  thanks.

also, you're right ...multiple ab's get around the problem in -L8 as well.

Daniel

Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> on 03/07/2001 08:28:37 AM

Please respond to tux-list@redhat.com

To:   tux-list@redhat.com
cc:    (bcc: Daniel A Fulton/cn/delphiauto)

Subject:  Re: [patch] TUX 2.4.2-L8

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 daniel.a.fulton@delphiauto.com wrote:

> however, if I use ab to send concurrent requests or just a huge number
> of requests that are redirected or handled by user space module, ab
> still gives tests "aborted" failure.

i believe this is fixed in -M2. If it still doesnt work then i'd suggest
to double-check file limits - eg. the default TUX installation runs the
TUX threads as user "nobody", which has a max 1024 open files limit. 'ab'
also has some sort of limit, i never was able to get more than ~1024
connections done by ab, probably because 'ab' uses select(). Using
multiple ab instances helps getting around this limitation.

     Ingo