Re: [patch] TUX 2.4.2-N1

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> The latest TUX patch, 2.4.2-N1 (against vanilla 2.4.2) can be
> downloaded from:
>
>   http://people.redhat.com/~mingo/TUX-patches/tux2-full-2.4.2-N1.bz2
>
> 2.4.1-N1 ChangeLog:
>
> - Added fixes which made "instant restart" possible. While in the
>   typical case TUX stopped immediately, it was possible for TUX shutdown
>   to take up to 3 minutes if client-side held to a TCP without replying
>   to connection-close packets.
>
> - /proc/sys/net/tux/keepalive_timeout, if set, is now used as a 'lingering
>   close' timeout as well.
>
> - TUX now uses the generic sk->user_data to store the pointer to the
>   request structure.
>
> as always, bugreports, fixes, comments, suggestions welcome.
>
>         Ingo

Ingo

Installed TUX for the first time yesterday and it worked "Out of the
Box" I was so gobsmacked that I rang another techy friend - its
excellent.

As a small question - you appeared to be sync'ing with AC patches - but
you do not appear to be doing that now - are the zero copy patches
intergrated into 2.4.2 (I may have missed that ;-)

Also a small bug in the rpm.spec file in the tux2.0.12 tools doistro has
a build dependancy on glade - and hence if glade is not installed the
docs / man pages do not get made / installed.

Thanks again for all your work !

Greg

ps Is anyone using this in a production environment with a mod_perl
apache ?