Re: [patch] TUX 2.4.2-N1

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Greg Cope wrote:

> As a small question - you appeared to be sync'ing with AC patches -
> but you do not appear to be doing that now - are the zero copy patches
> intergrated into 2.4.2 (I may have missed that ;-)

i keep forgetting to mention that the TUX patch includes the latest -ac
patch. Eg. the -N1 patch includes the -ac11 patch - this is why TUX
patches are so big. (-ac11 also includes the zerocopy patch, and includes
Linus' 2.4.3-pre2 as well).

So basically the TUX patches always try to provide the latest 2.4 code
from Linus and Alan. I'm sometimes skipping -ac kernels that are known to
break in one way or another. There are some dependencies between the
zerocopy patches and TUX, this is why i'm not releasing pure patches
against 2.4.2-vanilla.

> Also a small bug in the rpm.spec file in the tux2.0.12 tools distro
> has a build dependancy on glade - and hence if glade is not installed
> the docs / man pages do not get made / installed.

good point, we'll fix this.

	Ingo