Re: limit in file size?

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Ookhoi wrote:

> When I do "dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/www/file bs=1024 count=103000"  I
> (w)get:
>
> Connecting to cuddle.dds.nl:80...  <<5 sec delay>>  connected!
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 11:58:04 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> Too bad, as an uncompressed linux kernel source tree is 106M :-)
> (and http/tux is a great way to distribute it via 100Mbit)

there is /proc/sys/net/tux/max_object_size, which can be used to limit
maximum transfer sizes. The default is 100 MB, you can change it to
~1000MB:

	echo 1000000000 > /proc/sys/net/tux/max_object_size

> Btw, is it possible to run tux without the tux command, eg start it
> via /proc? Don't think so (can't find a way), but to ask never hurds.

TUX needs a userspace process 'identity', so it's not possible to start
TUX without the userspace tools. But the userspace tools are really small,
so this shouldnt be a problem.

back in the early days TUX used kernel-space threads too (like khttpd),
which were started via /proc/sys, but this turned out to be a flexibility
and configurability limit. (eg. it's not possible to support userspace
modules that way.)

	Ingo