Re: Server: TUX/2.0 (Linux, Red Hat)

May I suggest you don't nest parenthesis. It may well be perfectly
legal, but I bet it will fool some software somewhere.

-tony

On 12-Mar-2001 Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Ookhoi wrote:
>
>> The webserver says it is:  Server: TUX/2.0 (Linux, Red Hat)  while
>> I'm
>> running debian. :-)
>
> well, the 'Red Hat' string identifies the developer of the
> software, not
> the distribution. I've changed it in my tree to:
>
>       Server: TUX/2.0 (Linux, (C) Red Hat)
>
> to make this intention more clear.
>
>       Ingo

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@syntax.dera.gov.uk>
Everything will be just tickety-boo today.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.