Tux with NFS mounted docroot?

I've setup tux version Q4 (on top of 2.4.2-ac18), using userspace tools
2.0.17.

I can successfully do a GET / HTTP/1.0 to port 80 when docroot is on the
local filesystem.  However, when I change docroot to a read-only NFS mount,
doing the same get request kills the server so hard (without completing the
get btw) that I have to power-cycle the box.

Is NFS mounting the docroot supported?

-Phil