Re: [patch] Re: Can modules block on socket writes? (fwd)

On Tuesday 13 March 2001 22:52 you wrote:
[...]
> SEND_BUFFER uses the MSG_MORE flag already, so if you do multiple
> SEND_BUFFERs then it will be coalesced properly. No need to complicate the
> interface - you can do any number of SEND_BUFFERs after each other

Okay, this can be done and I understand your concern keeping a clean and
simple interface. Nevertheless this requires one switch between user/kernel
space each time SEND_BUFFER is issued. This would lead to similar results as
my approach to issue many GET/SEND_OBJECTs.

On the other hand, if I copy all module data I want to send to one temporary
buffer and issue SEND_BUFFER, I have the overhead of moving data around. Both
problems would not occur with a writev()-like action (maybe
TUX_ACTION_SEND_VECTOR ;-)

Just my thought... Is there much to be changed in order to write buffer
vectors?

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler