Re: Tux-T9 crashes under load

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Phillip Ezolt wrote:

> When running the SPECWeb99 workload against linux-2.4.2-tuxT9-kgdb, it
> crashs in the middle of the test.

your messages file shows that TUX does not crash - your TUX thread exit()s
(or SEGFAULTs), possibly in the userspace module, due to a bug in
userspace. I'd suggest for you to run TUX 'directly' so that all module
messages go to the console. Replace this line in /etc/rc.d/init.d/tux:

    daemon /usr/sbin/tux -d -t $TUXTHREADS -r $DOCROOT $EXTRAOPTS $TUXMODULES

with this line:

    /usr/sbin/tux -t $TUXTHREADS -r $DOCROOT $EXTRAOPTS $TUXMODULES

additionally you might want to attach to the first TUX worker thread via
gdb, to catch SIGSEGVs on the spot.

> The logger remains, and the only hint of the problem is in
> /var/log/messages.

is a "killall -9 tux" and "tux stop" shutting down TUX properly?

	Ingo