kernels 2.4.8 and 2.4.9 are buggy

hi folks,

i had a really bad experience with the lastest 2 kernels on my dual cpu webserver:

- 2.4.9 caused kswapd using 99.9% the cpu's increasing the load over 1.60
- 2.4.8 brought the server down several times (i can't say you more because i haven't console access to the server, just from remote)

i downgraded to 2.4.5 and all seems working fine...
i don't know about 2.4.6 and 2.4.7, because i had enought donw time and it's to dangerous for me to try them on the server...

what about the lastest tux2 patch (with ip based vs support) for the lastest solid rock kernel?
or better, sombody knows if these bugs was fixed with the lastest patches (maybe in the ac series)?

thanks