SSI

Hello,

I was reading the documentation last week and believe I saw a mention of server side includes being available to kernel space modules.

Is there a module written to generally enable ssi use in Tux?

I've experimented with SSI in Apache and it really drops Apaches performance.

I know it will impact Tuxes performance also but it would be interesting to see what it would do.

Since Tux caches objects (files), by my understanding, then I thought something like this could be interesting.

Many dynamic pages are simply static pages (templates) with certain dynamic spots.

You could have a file like http://www.yourserver.com/filedirectory/index.html

<!--#include virtual="/header.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/bodyopen.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/body1.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/variable1.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/body2.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/variable2.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/body3.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/variable3.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/bodyclose.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="/footer.html" -->

Something like this has the web page pre-chunked for caching purposes. The page being served is basically a list of directives to insert. This theoretically (my theory) should reduce parsing and speed serving.
Mainly this would be simple parsing, assembly and serving.

Most of the above would be basically static content. The variables would generally be dynamic but if stored in the directory accessed by the URL then the "virtual" will take care of that. The body parts which would not change via URL would be changed from the "virtual" to a full url.

It would be interesting to try something like this with Tux.

It would also be interesting if such a module was extending to allow for other directives which would reasonably allow for inserting of certain dynamic content not currently included in SSI.

I hope I am expressing myself clearly.
Does any of this sound reasonable?

Thoughts, opinions.

Thanks.