[RFE] Passing virtual domains to userspace

    The problem:  I have the ftp.rivenstone.net domain set up under apache to
serve from the /var/ftp/pub docroot.  With tux listening on port 80 and
apache on 8080, the /var/www/html docroot gets served instead.

    Ingo has said he could add a 'mass_docroot' string with which I could set
the directory tux chroots to to /var, so a /var/www/html/ftp symlink pointing
at /var/ftp/pub would work, and then tux would pass this request to apache.
But this is a security concern I'm sure, and it's a roundabout way of doing
what I really want: to pass all requests for ftp.rivenstone.net to userspace.

    I have only one IP address, so any possible solutions involving IP-based
virtual servers won't work, BTW.

    Is there a better way this could be done?

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"Bull in pure form is rare; there is usually some contamination by data."
    -- William Graves Perry Jr.