RE: Tux and https

from  michaelkjohnson

"TUX itself doesn't support SSL because TUX does protocol handling in kernel
and SSL in kernel doesn't make sense and also can't be bounced to Apache. If
you are doing a mix of http and https, you can accelerate http with TUX and
use Apache for any http that TUX doesn't handle (PHP, etc) and also for all
https.

Red Hat's most recent beta release has support for the Broadcom 5820 SSL
accelerator card, which will greatly accelerate SSL with Apache if SSL ends
up being a bottleneck for you."

Greg Jordan
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
Web Project Manager
gjordan@uhsweb.com

Unified Health Services
51 Germantown Court