external cgi?

Title: external cgi?

I have been working with Tux for a while now but have only just found a reason to need Tux's External CGI capability.
However I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have read the documentation and the tux.README.

I'm using 2.4.9-H7 and configured the kernel to use extcgi as well.

I can get Tux to hand off cgi requests to an associated Apache server, but when I attempt to trigger extcgi and have Tux run the cgi it comes back with the cgi source code textfile and refuses to execute the program.

I have checked /etc/tux.mime.types and it has the following three lines (plus the usual other stuff):
TUX/redirect                    redir
TUX/CGI                         cgi pl
TUX/module                      tux x

My perl cgi is at $DOCROOT/cgi-bin/foo.cgi and is mode 755.
I also have a copy of it at $DOCROOT/foo.cgi and it is also mode 755.

Again, requesting http://server/cgi-bin/foo.cgi simply returns the perl script text, and it will not exectute.
Also, again, getting tux to hand-off to Apache is easy, but I would like Tux to run this itself.

I've tried everything I can think for the past day and am posting this as a last resort.

Thanks for any help!

Private and Confidential
This electronic mail may contain confidential information that is intended for the use of the addressee only or others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this mail in error, please delete it from your system immediately and notify HotJobs.com, Ltd.  - support@hotjobs.com