rewriting URLs

I would like to create a userspace module that rewrites a URL.

Spceficically, whenever TUX gets a request for

	/images/clearpix.gif

I want to send the file

	/images/c/l/e/a/clearpix.igf

The code is simple enough, but I have not been able to identify a way to
casue TUX to know that if should invoke the userspace module when it
sees that kind of URL. Essentailly, I'd like to define a tux.mime/type
based on the head of the URL, rather than the file extension, and
associate that to a module.

It may help that all requests could be process through this single
userspace module -- the machine would always be serving images.

Any suggestions on how I can make this happen.

(BTW - I am fairly new to TUX. Maybe this is obvious, in which case a
pointer would be much appreciated. Maybe it is hard, in which case we
would gladly consider hiring any consultants who may be lurking on the
list here)

--
Karl DeBisschop
Learning Network / Information Please