Another tux caveat

Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. diogenes at vgernet.net
Thu Apr 29 17:55:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:54:35 -0400, Chris Davies <mcd at daviesinc.com> wrote:

> Kernel 2.4.25-tux
> running Tux 3 userspace
> Apache 1.3.29
>
> I have a server where I have tux.mime.types set to redirect .php and
> .shtml files.
>
> I have multiple IPs on this machine, tux serves just fine, hands any 404
> request to the backend (since index.html is not found) and things are
> great.
>
> However, I have one IP address where I don't want to have tux serve due
> to the fact that there is content that should be behind http auth
> protection.
>
> So, I echo 'http://192.168.24.102:80' > /proc/net/tux/0/listen/0
>
> I start tux, start apache.  with index.html present in the directories
> for both .102 and .103, Tux will answer fine on .102, apache answers
> fine on .103.
>
> However, when I remove index.html and put index.php there, tux refuses
> to pass the request to the backend if it comes in on .102.
>
> If I put 404.html in there, tux will serve that.  Of course, changing
> the listen statement back to http://0.0.0.0:80, will allow tux to serve
> both 24.102 and 24.103 on port 80 and will properly redirect to the
> apache backend.
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.24.102:80>
>   ErrorDocument 404 /index.html
>   ServerAdmin webmaster at test.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/test.com
>   ServerName www.test.com
>   ServerAlias test.com *.test.com
>   CustomLog /var/log/apache/test.com-access.log combined
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.24.103:80>
>   ErrorDocument 404 /index.html
>   ServerAdmin webmaster at test.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/test2.com
>   ServerName www.test.com
>   ServerAlias test.com *.test.com
>   CustomLog /var/log/apache/test.com-access.log combined
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong?

See if this is relevant to your situation.  It helped me on my Redhat 9
setup.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/tux-list/2003-May/msg00011.html

--
Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html

Home pages:
http://www.xenodochy.org
http://www.ballroomdances.org
FIGHT SPAM http://www.xenodochy.org/diogenes/antispam.html
(If you are thinking about collecting my email address, read the above
page first!)
Keep our semantic environments and cyberspace clean.
Always report errors discovered while surfing the web.
My favorite saying (from general semantics):
It's not that seeing is believing, believing is seeing,
and we're much better at believing than we are at seeing.