Tux not reading MIME types

Viktors Rotanovs Viktors at Rotanovs.com
Mon Aug 16 05:12:50 UTC 2004

Hi Johann,

Johann Burkard wrote:

> there was a problem with Gentoo's tux-3.2.16.ebuild that wouldn't want to
> compile on my machine, so I took tux and tux2w3c from another machine with a
> 2.4.18 kernel. Now I have 2.6.5 and tux basically works, but the MIME types
> are not working:

1) check if your TUX startup script matches tux-* version and that it
really starts the way you want
2) probably this is caused by version mismatch between kernel tux patch
and tux-* package (maybe 2.x package and 3.0 in kernel etc.) - beware -
it's impossible to tell version of kernel tux from looking at HTTP
headers, but if you're using kernel 2.6, then it's tux 3.0, and on that
2.4 machine chances are that it's tux 2.2. Also check that "tux" binary
can load all required libraries - change to directory containing "tux"
then run "ldd tux".

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Viktors