Strange Bug with compression=1

Chris Davies mcd at daviesinc.com
Thu Nov 4 06:07:39 UTC 2004

I was testing something that I wrote over the weekend and when I put it
on a server running tux, something odd happened.

Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: domain.com
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:49:45 GMT

[compressed data here]

-rw-r--r--  1 daviesinc daviesinc  3204 Nov  3 16:50 index.html
-rwxrwxrwx  1 daviesinc daviesinc  1411 Nov  3 16:50 index.html.gz

It appears that tux is sending the Content-Length of the uncompressed
file, even though it is sending the compressed file.

tux3-2.4.27-A3.diff

Can someone point us in the direction of where this is set?  Based on
the patch dates, it appears that we are running the latest 2.4 patch,
but, I thought I had seen a bug report somewhere that dealt with this in
the 2.6 patchset.

Thanks!