AW: debugging TUX

Max Helmet max at expires-2004.workforce.de
Tue Aug 23 07:39:09 UTC 2005

> There isn't much documentation on this so I was hoping to get some
> information from here.  We're seeing some strange and inconsistant
> behaviour with the files TUX serves.  Our setup is normal; TUX on
> port 80, apache on 8080.  With TUX logging on we see that some
> static pages that TUX should be serving are in fact passed to apache.
> The status code is -1 in the TUX logs, and we can see the request in
> apache's common log.  Is there some way to find out why TUX is
> passing the request to apache ?

You can follow TUX's request processing on syslog by enabling TUX debugging:
1) If your kernel wasn't built with CONFIG_TUX_DEBUG=y, then
   rebuild your kernel with this option turned on.
2) Enter the following comands:
   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/tux/Dprintk
   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/tux/TDprintk
3) Follow kernel messages:
   cat /proc/kmsg
4) Open a second terminal session and request the page in question:
   wget -S --spider http://localhost/page.html
5) Tux should have printed verbose messages to your first terminal.

Regards,
Max