State of the TUX - query

William Lovaton williama_lovaton at coomeva.com.co
Thu Feb 3 12:51:26 UTC 2005

Hi Andreas,

I ran tux with RH9 (kernel 2.4) and it was rock solid, not a single
crash on my overloaded system.  It managed to get more than 80 days of
uptime before shutting down for maintenance purposes.

Now I use FC2/3 with kernel 2.6 and it have been blocking on me under
heavy load.  I am working with Ingo to try to solve this but I have been
unable to test the latest kernel for different reasons.

Tux is really really great.  Could you test RH9 or FC1 and see if it is
stable enough?  (FC1 uses a 2.4 kernel so it should be stable).

-William