Can't enable debug

Jarrett Graham da_monumental_1 at nospammail.net
Sat Jan 22 09:18:06 UTC 2005

I trying to debug tux to see why it won't execute my cgi scripts.  I've
followed various instructions on the list to get it working.  Using a
vanilla 2.6.10 kernel, I applied the tux3-2.6.10-rc3-A7 patch.  When
compiling the kernel, I get this error.

  CC      net/tux/accept.o
  CC      net/tux/input.o
  CC      net/tux/userspace.o
  CC      net/tux/cachemiss.o
  CC      net/tux/output.o
  CC      net/tux/redirect.o
  CC      net/tux/postpone.o
  CC      net/tux/logger.o
  CC      net/tux/proto_http.o
  CC      net/tux/proto_ftp.o
  CC      net/tux/proc.o
  CC      net/tux/main.o
  CC      net/tux/mod.o
  CC      net/tux/abuf.o
net/tux/main.c: In function `__sys_tux':
net/tux/main.c:1049: error: structure has no member named `rlim'
make[2]: *** [net/tux/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [net/tux] Error 2

Is there a fix for this?

Also, I assume that cgi.c is the part of tux that processes cgi scripts.
However, it is only compiled when "External CGI" is enabled in the
kernel config.  Is External CGI meant for tux interacting with custom
build tux modules?

My config:

tux.mime.types:
TUX/CGI                         cgi pl pm
TUX/module                      tux x
TUX/redirect                    redir
application/andrew-inset        ez
application/mac-binhex40        hqx
application/mac-compactpro      cpt
application/msword              doc
application/octet-stream        bin dms lha lzh exe class
application/oda                 oda
application/pdf                 pdf
application/postscript          ai eps ps
application/rtf                 rtf
application/smil                smi smil
application/x-bcpio             bcpio
application/x-bzip2             bz2
application/x-cdlink            vcd
application/x-chess-pgn         pgn
application/x-cpio              cpio
application/x-csh               csh
application/x-director          dcr dir dxr
application/x-dvi               dvi
application/x-futuresplash      spl
application/x-gtar              gtar
application/x-gzip              gz tgz
application/x-hdf               hdf
application/x-javascript        js
application/x-koan              skp skd skt skm
application/x-latex             latex
application/x-netcdf            nc cdf
application/x-rpm               rpm
application/x-sh                sh
application/x-shar              shar
application/x-shockwave-flash   swf
application/x-stuffit           sit
application/x-sv4cpio           sv4cpio
application/x-sv4crc            sv4crc
application/x-tar               tar
application/x-tcl               tcl
application/x-tex               tex
application/x-texinfo           texinfo texi
application/x-troff             t tr roff
application/x-troff-man         man
application/x-troff-me          me
application/x-troff-ms          ms
application/x-ustar             ustar
application/x-wais-source       src
application/zip                 zip
audio/basic                     au snd
audio/midi                      mid midi kar
audio/mpeg                      mpga mp2 mp3
audio/x-aiff                    aif aiff aifc
audio/x-pn-realaudio            ram rm
audio/x-realaudio               ra
audio/x-wav                     wav
chemical/x-pdb                  pdb xyz
image/gif                       gif
image/ief                       ief
image/jpeg                      jpeg jpg jpe
image/png                       png
image/tiff                      tiff tif
image/x-cmu-raster              ras
image/x-portable-anymap         pnm
image/x-portable-bitmap         pbm
image/x-portable-graymap        pgm
image/x-portable-pixmap         ppm
image/x-rgb                     rgb
image/x-xbitmap                 xbm
image/x-xpixmap                 xpm
image/x-xwindowdump             xwd
model/iges                      igs iges
model/mesh                      msh mesh silo
model/vrml                      wrl vrml
text/css                        css
text/plain                      asc txt
text/richtext                   rtx
text/rtf                        rtf
text/sgml                       sgml sgm
text/tab-separated-values       tsv
text/x-setext                   etx
text/xml                        xml
video/mpeg                      mpeg mpg mpe
video/quicktime                 qt mov
video/x-msvideo                 avi
video/x-sgi-movie               movie
x-conference/x-cooltalk         ice
text/html                       html htm
application/xhtml+xml           xhtml xht

/etc/conf.d/tux:
# Config file for /etc/init.d/tux
# modified from original to be Gentoo like
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/www-servers/tux/files/tux.conf.d,v
1.1 2004/08/08 19:03:31 stuart Exp $

# TUX_THREADS sets the number of kernel threads (and associated daemon
# threads) that will be used.  $TUX_THREADS defaults to 1.
# TUX_THREADS=1

# DOCROOT is the document root; it works the same way as other web
# servers such as apache.  This must have only 1 trailing /.
TUX_DOCROOT=/var/www/

# LOGFILE is the file where tux logs information for each
# request. Note that tux writes log files in a binary format and to
# read them you will need to first convert them into standard
# W3C-conforming HTTPD log files using the utility tux2w3c. If no
# LOGFILE is specified then requests will not be logged.
TUX_LOGFILE=/var/log/tux

# TUX_UID and TUX_GID are the user and group as which the daemon runs
# This does not mean that you should execute untrusted modules -- they
# are opened as user/group root, which means that the _init() function,
# if it exists, is run as root.  This feature is only designed to help
# protect from programming mistakes; it is NOT really a security
mechanism.
TUX_UID=81
TUX_GID=81

# CGIs can be started in a chroot environment by default.
# set TUX_CGIROOT=/ if you want CGI programs to have access to the whole
system.
#TUX_CGIROOT=/home/httpd/htdocs
TUX_CGIROOT=/

# each HTTP connection has an individual timer that makes sure
# no connection hangs forever. (due to browser bugs or DoS attacks.)
# TUX_KEEPALIVE=30

# TUX_MODULES is a list of user-space TUX modules.  User-space TUX
# modules are used to serve dynamically-generated data via tux.
# "man 2 tux" for more information
# TUX_MODULES="demo.tux demo2.tux demo3.tux demo4.tux"

# TUX_MODULEPATH is the path to user-space TUXapi modules
# TUX_MODULEPATH="/"
CGI_UID=81
CGI_GID=81

/etc/sysctl.conf:
# /etc/sysctl.conf:
# $Header: /home/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/sysctl.conf,v 1.3
2002/11/18
19:39:22 azarah Exp $

# Disables packet forwarding
#net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
# Disables IP dynaddr
#net.ipv4.ip_dynaddr = 0
# Disable ECN
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0
# Enables source route verification
#net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 1
# Disables the magic-sysrq key
#kernel.sysrq = 0
#fs.binfmt_misc.register = :WINEXE:M::MZ::/usr/bin/cedega:
fs.file-max = 65535
vm.swappiness = 40
dev.rtc.max-user-freq = 1024
#Tux Webserver