Crashing TUX

Hi all,

I’m running TUX on a popular website here in Belgium (>2.000.000 pageviews / day) and I use it to serve all my static content (images, css, …).

This works great. The average load on my server stays below 1. But after each period of 5 days (average) the load suddenly goes to 6 or above (I can see this on my MRTG stats) and it takes ages to serve a simple image. If this happens the only way to fix it is to reboot my server. It’s strange because this happens early in the morning (usually between 5 – 7 am.) when there are almost no users on the site.

Is there somebody who can help me or do you have some suggestions for me how I can fix this? I’m running the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas Van Eenaeme