Crashing TUX

Viktors Rotanovs viktors at rotanovs.com
Fri Oct 21 08:06:10 UTC 2005

Hi Nicolas,

 > I’m running TUX on a popular website here in Belgium (>2.000.000
 > pageviews / day) and I use it to serve all my static content (images,
 > css, …).

maybe this is off-topic, but we at Inbox.lv switched from TUX to
lighttpd (lighttpd.net), because:
1) kernels are much easier to upgrade (especially if there are two
kernel patches simultaneosly - Tux and GrSecurity)
2) lighttpd can be configured with rewrites, etc., configuration is very
very flexible
3) problems may be tracked down easier than with tux (with valgrind).

I wouldn't say that lighttpd never crashes, but since it runs under
daemontools it's restarted automatically.

And, unlike most other small webservers, lighttpd works with PHP.

 > Thanks in advance,
 >
 > Nicolas Van Eenaeme

Best Wishes,
Viktors