Re: Issues when attaching to stopped process

Sorry for the slow response.

This code is going to be substantially different after the utrace revamp
currently underway.  So I wouldn't spend any more time on the foibles of
the current Fedora code.

If we can get your case added to the ptrace-tests suite
(see http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/utrace/tests)
then we'll be sure to check the new kernel code for this
regression before it goes into Fedora.  It would be great
if you could work with jan kratochvil redhat com to get this
case into shape and committed to the suite.

Thanks,
Roland