Re: save mixer state?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 05:39:24PM -0400, Bryan Dina wrote:
> How can I get it so that my mixer state is saved when I shut down my
> box?  I am using the aumix on restart to re-adjust my volume level(s),
> and have created a .aumixrc in /etc/ with the desired levels from saving
> the aumix settings, and copying over the .aumixrc from my root home
> directory.  Is there a better way to do this out of the box?  I would
> assume that red hat has a utility built in for this type of thing.
>
> Bryan

You should have an entry in /etc/modules that looks like:

post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

Are you using modules, or is sound builtin?

--
Jim Kaufman		mailto:jmk linuxforbusiness net
Linux Evangelist	cell: 612-481-9778