Re: [OT] Top Posting Mandatory?! (was: RES: URGENT - errors on boot)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, T. Ribbrock wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:50:27AM -0500, Brian T. Brunner wrote:
> >
> > Tony: Because I have a broken mailer (and I'm not alone)
> > top posting is not an option: it's mandatory.
>
> I've been wondering about this for a long time, but maybe you can
> solve this mystery for me, as this seems to be the No. 1 excuse for
> top posters and fullquoters:
>
> How does the mail program make top posting mandatory?! If I think of a

I don't think it applies in this case, but I've noticed Notes does truly weired
things to mail (and to its users).>

Howver, I see no excuse for not pruning, and especially not for length quotes
with no new text.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.