Re: Top Posting Mandatory?!

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:13:23AM -0500, Brian T. Brunner wrote:

> Note that the quoted material below has no indicator that it's a quote.
> Well... the part where you quoted me looks like a quote.
> My Company-imposed mail tool (Novell GroupWise 5.5) HAS NO
> PROVISION for inserting a quote indicator in lines of quoted text.

Darn, I forgot about that one - not that I ever had to use it <phew>,
but I've been on the receiving end more than once. First time round, I
simply could *not* believe that there is no way to get quoted text
*quoted*. <sigh>

> So, to make my answer distinguishable from your question, I can
> 1: Manually insert a '>' at the beginning of each line I quote (tedious).
> 2: top-post
> 3: use the tool the way it was designed to be used: RTF or HTML.
>
> Of the available methods, top-posting is the least obnoxious IMNSHO.

While I *hate* top posting, I would tend to cautiously agree here...
:-}

Why, oh why do people design such crappy software (or worse: Why on
earth do people (decide to) use it?)? :-/

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org