Different Perspective / Shared Lock Help

1. Sorry if I went a little off the deep end about the new RHN demo
accounts, etc. My frustrations are really with trying to get 2 different
accounts centralized into one and correcting a bad email address. I'm not
having much success in getting this straightened out with RHN.

2. Downloaded and installed via the RPM manager in Linuxconf a kernel
update. It seemed to hang forever and never actually came back with a
completion message. Now trying to use the RPM manager in Linuxconf to
install the openssl patch I'm getting an error message about inability to
get a shared lock on the folder/file. How do I fix this? A simple reboot
(which isn't so simple for us given all that runs on this particular
machine)?

RichLich