Re: Surrender console (VGA and kbd) to direct-write applicationhow-to?

I'll look at VGALib at the next opportunity.

The main question remains...

>> Wanted: How to tell the OS that the console is now /dev/null or
>> /dev/pts/0 or some other file or device?
>> Is there a simple way to have the console switched from one device
>> (device pair, actually) to another dynamically after booting?
>In the long run, you are probably going to want to adapt your software
>to use svgalib, or the framebuffer interface instead of talking directly
>to the hardware.  Your program is required to be run as root, or SUID
>root, right?
Yes, this program runs with root capabilities.

Brian Brunner (brian t brunner gai-tronics com)

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated