Re: Lilo and mounted boot partition

My attempts to do what you want were frustrated; finally I added:

Shutdown
Make the cloned disk the primary
Boot up into rescue mode; chroot to the clone root
lilo -r /

Probably, if I copied the first sector of the disk
(dd if=/dev/master of=/dev/clone bs=512 count=1
(with appropriate values of master and clone)) then on
reboot the clone loader should point to the same blocks
on the clone as the master loader does on the master.
If the disks were block-wise-identical, this gave me
what I wanted.

Brian Brunner (brian t brunner gai-tronics com)

>>> MWeiner ag com 26-Mar-03 8:30:36 AM >>>
Dear list readers -

I have a server with a "cloned" disk that I have mounted
temporarily so that I can work on it and make some tweaks before throwing it
into another machine as its primary drive.
I want to run lilo -v on the CLONE,

lilo -t -v -C /opt/etc/lilo.conf -i /clone/boot/boot.b

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated