Re: BladeCenter Software RAID install?

Keith Mastin wrote:
Try fdisk. You'll pick up the syntax real fast.

Jim Laverty wrote: > Which kernel are you using for 7.3? We had no problems setting up > RAID1 using 2.4.18-5 on the BladeCenter. Also check the BladeCenter > various firmware revs, if I remember correctly (it has been about > six months) the firmware and BIOS were out of date when the units > were shipped. We don't use disk druid, does fdisk respond the same way?

I'm using the kernel on the BladeCenter boot disk from Red Hat's vendor-specific errata section. I'll check the firmware, thanks for the tip. I think fdisk defaults to the same geometry as Disk Druid, but I know how to override that. If I create the partitions with fdisk, can I then use Disk Druid to create the RAID pairs?
Thanks,
John