[vdo-devel] Communication channel

tigerblue77 at outlook.fr tigerblue77 at outlook.fr
Sun Dec 4 18:54:52 UTC 2022

Hello VDO team !

I had a very busy year (2 moves, 1 expatriation... in short) but I am back!

As you may have seen, I'm slowly resuming my project to use VDO as primary storage on a Debian bare-metal (Debian stable, 11.4 actually). So I'm going to go back and work on the different issues I opened at the beginning of the year in your 3 main GIT repositories (VDO/KVDO/VDO-devel). In this context, I would like to work more closely with your team and for that I would like to know if today you have any mean of communication other than GIT issues or emails ? A Discord server ? Slack ? MS Teams? I let you tell me, I'm very excited to participate to all this and :

  *   come to the end of this project on my side
  *   help you to integrate this project to the Linux kernel as soon as possible, since it will be necessary to take into account the problems of Debian/Ubuntu users, because of the large number of users of these distributions

Also, I've been joined by Laszlo which also tries to use VDO on Debian. He's clearly more experienced than me and today we worked on some issues we had. We are both on Discord and it would be a pleasure that you join us so, as I said, we could work easily together (and there is markdown to share code in messages ! 😄).

Waiting for your answer, I wish you a nice sunday !
Tigerblue77 - Dylan