[vfio-users] Hyperthreading and kvm

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 19:46:47 UTC 2015

Hyperthreading on host means MORE cores which you can commit to the VM.
More cores = more performance.
It is good for you.
For the host it doesn't matter logical or physical. For the VM, you'd want
to pin "pairs" of cores, so there would be less CPU cache issues. Like,
assign a core and it's sibling instead of two separate cores.

I use AMD Athlon X4 750k which is based off A10-5700, and it's working very
unstable.
The only way to get it working - use OVMF without VGA and do not use
hugepages.
That's all.

P.S.
Oh well, here we go again.