[vfio-users] No available IOMMU models

Mark Nipper nipsy at bitgnome.net
Sat Aug 29 00:30:44 UTC 2015

On 28 Aug 2015, Alex Williamson wrote:
> The vfio module will do a request module for the vfio_iommu_type1 module
> when it's loaded, so if they're both modules, this works automatically.
> If vfio is static, but type1 is a module... well that's a strange
> combination.  If instead you're loading vfio as a module from the
> initramfs, you should also include the type1 module so it's available
> when requested.

	This is what I'm seeing for the config for both
linux-image-4.2.0-rc8-amd64 and linux-image-4.1.0-1-amd64:
---
CONFIG_VFIO_IOMMU_TYPE1=m
CONFIG_VFIO_VIRQFD=m
CONFIG_VFIO=m
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI=m
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI_VGA=y
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI_MMAP=y
CONFIG_VFIO_PCI_INTX=y
CONFIG_KVM_VFIO=y

I previously only had this in /etc/modules:
---
vfio
vfio_pci

(and now I've added vfio_iommu_type1).  I'm not sure if the
config changed or something else changed along the way, but it
definitely suddenly wasn't behaving the same way.

--
Mark Nipper
nipsy at bitgnome.net (XMPP)