[vfio-users] Hardware support explanation

Hi all,

I discover recently VFIO support for gpu pass-through. I need both linux and windows, and really love to get windows on a VM.
But as I'm not familiar with low level code, I need some explanation on hardware :
And one last question, there has some restriction on distribution? I work on Debian stable (jessy at this time), do I need to rebuilt kernel?

Thank's in advance for your responses to my (newbie) questions!