Re: [vfio-users] USB enumeration (uPD720201)

On December 4, 2015 at 06:33:57, Alex Williamson (alex l williamson gmail com) wrote:
YMMV, but this is the controller I've found to run most stable on bare metal for me:

xx:xx.x USB controller [0c03]: Texas Instruments TUSB73x0 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller [104c:8241] (rev 02) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])

If it makes a purchasing decision for you, I can try to put it into a configuration where I can assign it.  BTW, funny how folks are dropping 400USD+ on graphics cards, but question an extra 15USD for a USB HBA that doesn't suck.  ;^)

Hi,

I think yours is also TUSB7340 from that specification page.

Chipset: Texas Instruments Ti TUSB7340

Hahah, ouch yes you hit me, I get your point. :D Thanks for you offer, but I actually have my Renesas card trouble-free. Like I said before, I just noticed that Texas Instruments also made a USB 3.0 chipset, from what I googled before purchasing I only know Renesas, VIA, ASMedia, etc. Since Renesas was reviewed as the best performant (bare metal) from those, and was actually a reincarnation of NEC, I chose Renesas. I bought it for like US$15-19 at that time’s dollar rate. But now my currency has dropped and US$15 is not the same as it used to. Plus yours is a US$39 card. T_T

Best regards,

--
Okky Hendriansyah