Re: [vfio-users] USB enumeration (uPD720201)

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Okky Hendriansyah <okky nostratech com> wrote:

On December 4, 2015 at 02:38:36, Brett Foster (fosterb edgeandvertex org) wrote:
Switched to a 2-port ASMedia controller and I was able to attach a hub out of the box. Yay! So the Renesas card is garbage.

Hi Brett,

Is there any possibilities that your specific card is broken? I’ve googled around before buying the card, and it seems that Renesas uPD720201 cards are better performant than ASMedia ones.

It's plausible and worth considering. If I get around to it, I'll do more testing outside of the VM. Truth be told, I don't really care about performance. I'm happy just being able to plug USB devices in.