[vfio-users] Any help to finish my qemu ovmf script please ?

rndbit rndbit at sysret.net
Sat Dec 5 08:31:47 UTC 2015

Save xml to some location other than /etc/libvirt/.. and do all the
commenting/uncommenting there. virsh define /path/to/vm.xml to use
modified xml. You indeed are going the wrong direction. Even if libvirt
does not expose some functionality via xml it is also possible to pass
raw qemu flags. I needed it only for vga passtrhough, using efi firmware
thats no longer needed (although libvirt might expose -vga via xml now,
i dont know). Also unsure whats not working for you but even
virt-manager exposes functionality to pass entire pci devices to vm. Be
it sata or usb or whatever. If it is not working for you maybe correct
solution would be figuring out pci passthrough and not reverting to a
shellscript.