Re: [vfio-users] Any help to finish my qemu ovmf script please ?

Save xml to some location other than /etc/libvirt/.. and do all the commenting/uncommenting there. virsh define /path/to/vm.xml to use modified xml. You indeed are going the wrong direction. Even if libvirt does not expose some functionality via xml it is also possible to pass raw qemu flags. I needed it only for vga passtrhough, using efi firmware thats no longer needed (although libvirt might expose -vga via xml now, i dont know). Also unsure whats not working for you but even virt-manager exposes functionality to pass entire pci devices to vm. Be it sata or usb or whatever. If it is not working for you maybe correct solution would be figuring out pci passthrough and not reverting to a shellscript.