[vfio-users] HDMI HD Audio passthrough no sound on startup

Doug Applegate doug.applegate at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:05:15 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm running into a problem with passthrough HDMI audio on my nvidia
970 card. It's more a of a nuisance than anything, but whenever I boot
the VM, audio will always be disabled (red x on the audio icon in
windows status bar). I can fix it with unplugging the hdmi cable from
the back of card and plugging it back in. It also fixes itself if
windows turns the monitor off after being idle. Once I discovered that
I ultimately worked around the problem with a shortcut that runs
nircmd.exe monitor off.

Is there another trick I could do to get it to boot with sound enabled?

Thanks
Doug