[vfio-users] Occasional freeze when 3 VMs with passthrough are running

I am running a server with several virtual machines utilizing GPU passthrough. I've been running it for a few months and recently started getting occasional freezes. The host freezes after running for a few hours or sometimes for 1-2 days. It doesn't seem to be related to VM reboots. I am running stock Ubuntu 15.04 and radeon cards. I was able to capture the stack using netconsole:
http://pastebin.com/85kPyj4i
A few days ago it was just priting messages such as this one without any stack:
[23521.248008] NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#7 stuck for 22s! [qemu-system-x86:2492]
for CPUS 7,8,10 (I have Intel Core i7-5820K with 6 cores).
Would it be possible to figure something out based on this stack? It seems to lead to the actual place where watchdog does its diagnostics but I see a few kvm/vmx functions on the stack.

Another question: is kernel 4.2 broken with OVMF? I thought about upgrading to 15.10 to see if the issue is still there.