[vfio-users] QEMU_ALSA _*values

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Tue Dec 8 05:18:23 UTC 2015

On December 8, 2015 at 06:24:29, Feadurn (feadurn at gmail.com) wrote:
I am still a little bit lost on the way to activate the "export
QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa" when using libvirtd. There is an option in
libvirt/qemu.conf : nographics_allow_host_audio=1. Do I just need to
uncomment that line?

Thank you very much
Hi Feadurn,

That was one of my reasons I haven’t migrate all my QEMU script to libvirt. I had issues enabling the host audio like I use in my plain QEMU script. If you’re using Alex’ wrapper script way [1], probably you can regex replace it with ALSA. I never tried myself though.

Reading the description,

# By default, if no graphical front end is configured, libvirt will disable
# QEMU audio output since directly talking to alsa/pulseaudio may not work
# with various security settings. If you know what you're doing, enable
# the setting below and libvirt will passthrough the QEMU_AUDIO_DRV
# environment variable when using nographics.

I think that option is worth to try. Thanks for pointing this.

[1] http://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-5-vga-mode.html

--
Okky Hendriansyah