Re: [vfio-users] QEMU_ALSA _*values

I found how to do it (I have other errors now but at least it looks like I can export).

I am with archlinux and I launch libivirtd with systemctl so the explanations are for this way to launch libvirtd

There is two options to uncomment in the file /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
uncomment the following lines and be sure to put them equal to 1:
vnc_allow_host_audio = 1
and further down
nographics_allow_host_audio = 1

This options will stop libvirt to set up QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none but to export the environment variable you need to change another file

edit the file: /usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service
and under the [Service] section add the linde
    Environment=export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa

If you check your log in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/yourdomain.log you should see that the environment variable is activate.

However, as said, I face others issues now:
Home directory not accessible: Permission denied
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4292:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4771:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2266:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM sysdefault
alsa: Could not initialize ADC
alsa: Failed to open `default':
alsa: Reason: No such file or directory
audio: Failed to create voice `ac97.pi'
So I don't know if it is linked to the way I export the variable or not. I haven't check that but I thought you may want to know how to do it.

Regards.

Feadurn