Re: [vfio-users] Issue with EDK2 upgrading Windows 10 to build 10586 ?

> On Dec 12, 2015, at 07:28, Will Marler <will wmarler com> wrote:
>
> Are you going from Windows 7 to Windows 10? If so, then yes, I had the same problem.
>
> I couldn't solve it.
>
> I was only doing it to get a licensed & activated version of Windows 10; I had a Windows 7 key. If that's your situation, simply use the Windows 7 key you have with a fresh installation of 10. It works like a charm.
>
> Will

Hi Will,

The secret in upgrading from to Windows 10 is switching the CPU to core2duo for just for the upgrade process. I've shared my experience here [1]. After that, we can switch back to whatever you CPU setting was before.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2289210

Best regards,
Okky Hendriansyah