[vfio-users] Issue with EDK2 upgrading Windows 10 to build 10586 ?

Erik Adler erik.adler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:51:27 UTC 2015

> Are you going from Windows 7 to Windows 10? If so, then yes, I had the same problem.

I am upgrading from Windows 10 Pro build 10240 to the build 10586. The
is retail install so can use my key as many times as I want on my
“hardware”

> The secret in upgrading from to Windows 10 is switching the CPU to core2duo for just for the upgrade process. I've shared my experience here [1]. After that, we can switch back to whatever you
> CPU setting was before.

I would think that doing what Okky mentioned would work. There was an
issue about a half year ago with OVMF that gave a BSOD when trying to
install Windows 10 that looked kind of like this. The way to get
around it was to use a core2duo. Of course I could be very wrong about
what is causing the BSOD. Need to look deeper into it.