Re: [vfio-users] Passthrough of the only GPU

On Tue, 2015-12-15 at 13:20 +0300, Yaroslav Isakov wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm considering in bying one Skylake HTPC, and it seems that it
> doesn't support Intel GPU. So, I'm wonder if it's possible to
> passthrough Nvidia GPU? I think that I'll need to disable framebuffer
> completely to be able to unbind this device from the host.

An issue may come up if you depend on Xorg for video on your host.
Xorg, as far as I know, doesn't support binding and unbinding of video
devices, so you will have issues exiting the VM and returning to Xorg.

The best solution is to get a cheap second video card if possible and
using that for the host.

Mark Weiman